Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Swimsuit ~~Shudder~~

You may have inferred from my last post that I am not a water person. That is correct. I do not really enjoy being in the water. I like to watch. I might even be okay with laying on a raft in it, but I do not enjoy being fully immersed in water.

It also completely creeps me out to feel the bottom of the lake or ocean under my bare feet. Water shoes - geeky as they are - are a must. I wandered out into the lake about waist-high twice on Sunday and that was it. When I've been at the ocean - all of twice in my life mind you - I have done about the same. John is out there living it up, but that is so not for me. I remembered seeing him swim quite close to some dolphins at Virginia Beach as it was about to rain. I was content to sit on the shore with me feet buried in the sand.

How do I feel about having our own pool? I'm rather ambivalent. I understand that many will enjoy it. That's great. Me - I'm not so sure. If I can lounge in a raft in peace, that I would enjoy. Playing and splashing and swimming? Probably not so much.

What do I like even less? Swimsuits. The thought makes me shudder. I haven't purchased a swimsuit for myself since 2005 when I saw a cute maternity tankini for way cheap at Old Navy and I was TTCing for #1. On Sunday when John suggested the beach outing. I went to the dreaded drawer and looked for something appropriate to wear. It was painful. Really painful. That cute black maternity tankini - still there- never worn. It was a halter top and the weight of my huge breasts pulling on the back of my neck was awful. A black and white patterned bikini ordered from the UK by large bra sizes sat there too. Bikini? Um no. I didn't have a single one piece in there though. What did I do? I wore the black and white bikini with the tankini top over it. Tell a soul and you're dead. Yesterday, I ordered a simple one piece by bra size -again from the UK since they are the main source for cup sizes over F that I've found. I hope it fits.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning Krista!