Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Empty Room

In our new house (appraisal was yesterday and things are going well) there are 4 bedrooms upstairs. One for John and I, one for Busy B, one for Jenni and one more. I fiercely want that room to not be spare, but to be a nursery. I feel very protective of that room.

As I showed my MIL pictures of the house upstairs which she'll only ever see in photos she tells our nephews sitting beside her that they can sleep in that room when they stay over. "Not that room" I say. "That room will be empty." My MIL interjects "Well you'll put a bed in it..." and I just cannot let it go "No it will be empty. We don't have any furniture for that room. They boys can sleep on the couches like they always have."

Thankfully the conversation just dropped.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

(((hugs)))