Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Turd in the Tub

TMI warning. B got a bit backed up, and hadn't had a good poop in two or 3 days, (nothing more than a few marbles). This evening I saw her strain and she said "poop" but her diaper just had a streak from wettish gas in it. An hour later I put her in the tub. She was playing happily, so I began to floss my teeth there in the bathroom. I hear her say poop. I turn and look at her but see nothing. I go to move her just in case, and sure enough, there is a firm 4" long turd as big around as a silver dollar there in the water. "Poop" she says again. "Yuck" she says. I agree.

I used a cup to fish out the turd. Flushed it down the toilet, which B enjoyed. Then I emptied the water from the tub and turned on the shower. Washed my hands. Washed B. Put her to bed. Sanitized the tub. Sanitized the bath toys. Hope to never have to do that again. I guess it could have been worse. A soft or loose poop would have been a lot worse to clean up. GROSS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck is right!

At least you got to deal with "firm" poop in the water! The few times we have had this happen, once in our pool out back and twice in the tub, it has been the runny type, which isn't so easy to just "fish" out with a cup!

Oh the joys of parenthood!

Kaci said...

At least she thought it was yuck too! And yeah, runny poop in the tub is BAD.