Thus far, B has not been obsessed with anything typical of today's child such as cartoon characters, kids' TV shows, etc. While she is exposed to TV, she does not pay much attention to it. My in-laws sometimes turn on the playhouse disney shows or PBS kids shows for her, and my DH has tuned in to old school Tom & Jerry, but with the exception of bouncing around to a few catchy songs, she goes on with her play. It is the music she likes, not the images, in general. For example, she will stop and turn when certain commercial jingles play or show theme song. She loves the "Do a Dollup of Daisy" one and the theme song to "The Waltons."
I have no idea how we discovered it, but Brooklynn adores the song "Rockin Robin." She will dance and clap and sing along "Tweet, tweet" with great enthusiasm whenever anyone sings or plays this song. It is so dang cute! I can't figure it out where she heard it, unless I might have heard it somewhere (like a store or restaurant) and was singing it without noticing. I do that all the time - get some oddball song in my head and will go on unconciously singing or humming it for days.
Gotta run!
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment