Friday, August 15, 2008

Power plays

I was planning on actually working from home today - at least a few hours. Really I was. Then as we approached the naptime, what should happen? The power went out. It was out about 2 hours.

When B woke up, we went to CVS. I "made" money on the transaction today where I purchased 6 packs of 4 AA Energizer batteries, one bottle of infants advil and a 20oz Diet Coke. I paid 6 ECB's $1.44 cash and got back 10.49 ECB's. Love that! Then we went to Big Lots and bought a MagnaDoodle type toy because B loves her some crayons. As in she likes to EAT them. She also adores drawing and amazingly, she holds pens/pencils/crayons correctly in her left hand and draws all over. I figured the magnadoodle would let her do this without the mess or me needing to watch her like a hawk to prevent coloring everywhere, including in her diaper.

Now B has been asleep since about 8:15, but here I sit playing around online and not working. Now it is not the lack of power, but willpower, that plagues me. I really should work. I have a ton to do, and I need to make up 4 hours from today at some point in the pay period. I just don't have it in me tonight though. I think we are going to have a family outing tomorrow and go bike riding and have a picnic, so I doubt I'll work tomorrow either. Sunday? Sure. Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Jenna is also going to be left handed!!!!!