Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm leaning towards....

I've been thinking about things. It's not that I hate my current job, because as much as I've whined, I really do like what I do (most of the time). My bosses sure aren't the best, but they are also far from the worst. They have been pretty flexible. I just hate office politics and how they are known to grumble behind people's backs. Of course politicing abounds in most workplaces, so I'm not likely to get away from that.

I really think if the offer is made some months down the road, and the money is right, I'd take the job. It would be something different, yet still using the skill sets I excel in. I would LOVE to get away from tracking my time each day in 15 minute increments all day long. I want to just work at doing my job and not worry about figuring out how long I did each thing that day when I get pulled in 100 different directions. That is one thing I hate about public accounting. I'd love to work for a woman again, and she's a mom too. I also think I could bring a lot to the job. I'd like to work somewhere that I know where I stand, and if I'm valued, I'm told that.

Of course I'll have to wait and see if things really pan out, but I hope they do. This prospect of change has improved my outlook and boosted my mood the last couple of days.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Sounds like a good opportunity. Hopefully it will all work out the way you want it to.