Tuesday, August 29, 2006

24 weeks today!

Well another Tuesday is here and I'm now 24 weeks. Each week as we get closer and closer to the time our little one will come seems to fly by. As we near the time where viability increases each day, I feel more and more secure about this pregnancy. I know you are never completely safe, but it is comforting to have made it this far with no complications.

My signs of Brooklynn growing and thriving are: growing belly, achy hips, stronger kicks and acid reflux. I love the belly and the kicks, but the other less pleasant things are definitely worth it. I am now 3 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight, so my weight is on the rise, but I know that is not a bad thing for a pregnant lady. Even if I gain 1 1/2 pounds a week from here on out and go 40 weeks, I'll still only be 21 pounds above my starting weight.

Today the first of the fertile four babies was born. They didn't know the gender by choice, and it turns out they had a beautiful healthy little girl. We went and visited tonight for a little bit. She is very cute and mom and baby are both doing really well. The induction started at about 7:30 and she was born at 11:59am. They named her Kayla Marie. I took her an outfit and a blanket - lavender of course (which I highly prefer over pink).

After the baby visit, John and I went to Target and registered for some baby things while buying a new vacuum. I killed our vacuum on the cleaning frenzy this past weekend. Sucks. I loved that vacuum and they don't make it anymore. John only added 2 things to our registry himself - a Buckeyes sleeper in pink and a pink Browns romper. We will also be registering at Babies R Us and have already put some things online there.

I'm posting a picture of my growing bump - still with an indent - and my funny belly button which is still only stretching a tiny bit and only on the horizontal plane.

24weeks 001

24weeks 004

Okay folks, I'm exhausted and I think it's about time for bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Krista!!!! I'm so glad things are moving right along... I hope when I finally get KU'd it goes that fast.. lol

I finished my Clomid last week and now am waiting to O.... Hopefully this will do it!

Take care and enjoy the long weekend!

Krista said...

Thanks Mel! babydust to you!