Well we've made progress on clearing the nursery out, but didn't get as far as I would have liked. It is amazing how much junk and clutter you accumulate after 8 years of living in a house and using a room as a catch-all. We found as we went along that we needed to clear out every bedroom and all the closets in the house to make room for the things out of that room that we want/need to keep.
So we set about going through each room, and the closets as well as the hall closets. We took a big load of things to Goodwill (that nearly filled the back of my Jeep with the back seat laid down for added space. We threw away so much stuff that both our large trash bins are full, and that is all from just this weekend. We still have several bags of trash gathered up that won't fit as well. Yikes! You just have to throw some stuff away though. Who wants t shirts with holes, old underwear, broken stuff or old college textbooks. We put away clothes in storage that aren't in season or fitting right now, and we made room to move out the important things.
So the room status is pretty much that it is mostly cleared out. We still need to give away the rolling wardrobe and the little dresser that is in there, and John's baseball cards need to be moved off the closet top shelf. He also needs to move the gun cabinet that his great-grandfather made into the other room, now that I've made space for it. After that we can strip the border, which is only on 2 walls, prime and paint. I want to clean the carpet before any furniture gets moved in there though.
By the way, my weight is going up - looks like I'm going to have to pay attention now to keep the gain steady and reasonable. I've gained 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks! Whatever Brooklynn needs is fine, but I do want to keep things within reasonable limits.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment