Sunday, August 20, 2006

A weekend of attending showers

On Saturday there was a wedding tea for an old friend of mine(Holly), hosted by another old friend (Emily). I haven't seen these girls in 2 or 3 years probably, but I wanted to go to the shower and show my support for Holly. Holly lives near Paris, France and works for an international non-profit organization. Emily had requested that we all give cash and that she would put it on one Visa Anywhere card, so that it could be used in the US on their honeymoon, or in France when they return home. I thought that was a great idea, and I really wanted to go to the tea. Unfortunately, it was being held at my parent's church, which you-know-who also attends. I just could not deal with her two days in a row, so after the funeral I asked my mom to check with Emily and see if she had RSVP'd or not. Thankfully not, so I was able to relax and go to the tea without worry.

The tea was lovely, and it was so nice to connect with Holly and Emily again. Holly looks fabulous and I'm sure the wedding will be simple, yet beautiful. Holly got to feel little Brooklynn kick and thought it was really special. Several people asked me about my kids at home, and I replied "Do you mean the ones with 4 legs and fur coats?" I don't know why they all thought I had kids already. I guess that is what happens when you've been married 8 years, don't see these women much, and your brother has 4 kids. I just patted my bump and told them that this is the first one for us.

Today was my best friend's baby shower (first baby). It was really lovely and she received a lot of nice things. I was getting worried for her when I checked her registries online Friday evening and not much was marked as purchased off them. Thankfully, there was really nothing to worry about. She is having a boy and her nursery is really cute. I knew it would be after seeing all of the stuff she had to go in it, but it was fun to see it in person - all put together. (It makes want to push John a little harder to clear out that room - right now our baby furniture is in the living room!)

Krista and I (yes my best friend and I have the same name) had our picture taken with our bumps together. Of course little Ms. Size 0 has a much cuter figure than I do, and I feel like a whale standing next to her, but we have to document being pregnant together. It is so fun to go through our first pregnancies together.

friends 004

4 comments:

JRap said...

I love it! So cute! We'll have to get a similar one taken. Love your hair too!!

Tigger said...

Awww...how cute! :) Very adorable - I might have to do something similar if my best friend and I manage to get pg at the same time. Awesome idea!

Anonymous said...

KRISTA!!! THERE YOU ARE~ omg a real picture. Okay, so i've seen you before, but still. yay!

You look so cute!!! You are not a whale at all. oh sheesh!

Krista said...

Thanks Ladies! I'm gald you all enjoyed the pic.

Yes Jenny, we will have to do a bump-to-bump shot now that I'm showing a bit more. How about next Thursday?