Tuesday, August 01, 2006

20 weeks today!

It's Tuesday again and I'm now halfway through this pregnancy at 20 weeks! What a milestone. It's wonderful to think that in just about 20 more weeks we'll be meeting our little Squirt face to face. John just said last night that he is really looking forward to December this year.

I'm feeling movement several times a day now. It's very cool and extremely comforting. My belly bump is definitely there, but still has a break in the bump at my belly button line. My little navel has stretched into a horizontal line. It's kind of funny looking. If you didn't know me, you may just assume I'm carrying extra weight in my gut, but people who know me say I'm showing.

Vomiting is never really over I think. I threw up in the shower this morning. It is a small price to pay for a healthy Squirt though. I'm down 8 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight as of yesterday morning. I hope to gain a pound a week at least from here on out. Boy it sounds strange to say that, after all these years of desperately wanting NOT to gain weight.

I guess I should get off to work....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Half way through it! I can't believe that! How great for you!!!! Good thing you're not going through the end in all this heat!

Very neat on the movement too! I still remember what that felt like and my DD is 17... (Ugh!)

Just wanted to let you know I'm still checking in on ya!

Take care and stay cool!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mel! I think about you too and send babydust your way!

This heat is nasty, isn't it? I think the humidty is the real pits though.