Tuesday, August 08, 2006

21 weeks now!

Well its Tuesday again, and another week has sped by. I'm 21 weeks today and one week away from our ultrasound and next OB appointment. I'm so excited to finally see Squirt again. I can hardly wait! I want to see all those movements I'm now feeling and see those perfect arms and legs kicking and punching about. John still says Squirt is a girl, but we'll see. Some others are quite convinced this little one is a boy....Either way is just fine with me.

My craving of late has been Cap'n Crunch cereal. I know, its strange. I hadn't eaten since my first 2 years of college when I basically ate cereal at least 2 meals a day. I must have seen it on TV or something because it really started sounding good to me this weekend. John bought me a box yesterday and I ate a handful dry after dinner, a bowl before bed, and I had a bowl this morning. So yummy! I know its fluff as far as nutrition goes, and I normally eat Kashi Go Lean with all that fiber and protein, but this was a special treat. I'll probably have another bowl tonight before bed.

Speaking of food...I sent John to the grocery yesterday. That was a mistake. He came home with nothing to make for dinner the rest of the week. He bought stuff for lunches, bottled water, cereal and popsicles. He also bought some soap and lotion that we needed, but no fruits, no veggies, no chicken....What are men thinking when they grocery shop?

I wore a dress yesterday and John said I really looked pregnant now. I'm wearing a cute maternity outfit today that highlights the growing bump and makes it more obvious that I'm expecting and not just eating donuts with Homer. I can't wait until the first person who doesn't know me asks when I'm due. Other than being more tired than pre-pregnancy, I really feel pretty good this week. That's going to be helpful since we are doing so much around the house.

Time for work....Squirt is kicking away!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read that things are going well!! I'm so excited for you to find out what Squirt is - I am with John and guessing girl as well! But I'm not very good at guessing so don't take my word for it :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Krista!!! Wow another week down!!

So what has the heart rate been? Just curious so I can make my guess before the u/s. You are gonna find out aren't ya???

I am glad you are feeling good and hope you don't over work yourself though!! Take it easy (but you better do the grocery shopping from now on)

Take care!!!

Krista said...

Thanks Ladies! I miss getting to chat with you both more often. Its so nice to know you are both reading along and keeping tabs on me.

We don't know the heartrate, because our doctor uses a doppler without the readout. We are guessing it is around 150 -160, but we could be wrong. It was 125 at 7 weeks. I have no instinct telling me boy or girl, but we will be finding out if Squirt shows the goods to the u/s tech. John really wants to know.

Anonymous said...

pppssstttt..... only one weekend before you find out what squirt "is"! (fyi, i don't give olv, i only give hbv (healthy baby vibes) because well, just because!)

SO .. HBV!!!!!