Tuesday, September 05, 2006

25 weeks and last week in review

Well I'm 25 weeks now! Another week done. Physically, I feel about the same as last week. The pepcid complete has helped with the acid reflux a lot though, and I'm very grateful for that. Brooklynn is moving so much. My mom was able to feel her move this weekend, which was nice.

Room status: The wallpaper border was stripped, the walls and ceiling were washed, primed and 2 coats of paint were paint were applied this weekend. Today I am just finishing up the trim painting - as we decided to paint the trim white. Previously the trim was a pale beige as was the rest of the room. The weather has stayed in the 70's, so we've been able to leave the windows open to keep the whole house ventilated while painting, which is really helpful. Tomorrow John's parents are coming over and John and his dad will be putting the crib together. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm usually the one in the family to assemble things and I like to do it. I guess I have to let go and let them do it.

Crazy Family Update: She blew up again. This time at my dad. She screamed at him, told him to get out and never come back. She's completely lost it of course. I cannot believe she would do that to my dad. She must have brainwashed my brother with her crap too, because he called my mom and threw a fit about her being at my house to help me work on the room. He even hung up on her. How can we possibly be related? I don't get it.

Other stuff:

I went for a bra fitting on Friday. I'm now in a 36J in most brands, though I did try on a 36I in one brand that fit. The specialty shop told me their suppliers only make up to a H cup for nursing bras though. WHAT??? I know an H is big, trust me, I've worn one during this pregnancy, but come on! Some of us are legitimately bigger than that. My friend searched online for me (while I was in the car, and later got home and discovered that my internet was down) and found just 2 companies that carried up to a K or an L in one style of their nursing bra lines. One of them (the one that looks better) is a UK brand - Royce. I hope I don't get bigger than an L, or I guess I'm screwed. I'm already upset that I won't be able to buy nursing bras at the local specialty shop.

On a more exciting note - my pregnancy was acknowledged by a complete stranger. I was in Kroger and could not find Velveeta, which John needed for some cheese dip he was making for the OSU game party. I asked a clerk to help me and apologized to her saying someone had told me where it was before, but I had completely forgotten. She said "That baby is taking all your memory, huh?" - She completely assumed I was pregnant! YAY! [John said I should have cried and said I'm not pregnant. He's so mean.] I still think most people who don't know me would assume I was just chubby though .

Time for some more painting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Krista! I'm so glad all is going well with you and Brooklynn! Good luck finishing up the nursery - I can't wait to start on that.

Sorry about the latest with your sister in law. Seriously, we should get her together with my brother in law - they sound like they have a lot in common :(

Anonymous said...

Thanks Annie. We just have to ignore the crazies I guess.

When do I get to see pictures of your belly???

Anonymous said...

Ah, coming soon! We took one the other day but I think it's bigger now, so I'll take some more. I'll put them up on my babiesonline page this weekend!

By the way, I LOVE the nursery so far! The green is great! I also prefer greens and purpless for girls (too much pink isn't for me).