Thursday, September 07, 2006

Update on Brooklynn's Room!

The room is starting to come together! I'm so glad that we were able to move the furniture in last night. John and his dad set up the crib and it looks just perfect! We also moved both dressers in the room, even though the tall chest still needs to be returned when the replacement comes in. It actually looks like a baby's room now.

I love the shades of green paint and the white trim really sets the green off and provides a break before the grayish blue carpet. We also found a ceramic switch plate that has one of the greens from the walls in it, the blue hue of the carpet, a lighter blue and an aqua which the bedding has in it, and white. It really helped pull the colors together, and there isn't even bedding or curtains in there yet. John wasn't sure about the green until he saw the room more put together last night.

We still need to put in a closet organizer, get some new lighting, make the curtains I have in mind, and accessorize the room, but the basics are in place. The glider and ottoman have not come in yet, but I'm not sure they'll fit well into the room. Brooklynn's room is small and it may looked too cramped if we try and add the chair. We'll have to see when it comes in.

No comments: