I vanished for a few weeks. Sorry. I was in Nashville for a week on business and gearing up was insane, as was the time there. Late nights and early mornings with no time to sit down during the day unless in meetings or class have sapped my energy.
I fully intended to relax some this weekend, but I didn't really accomplish that. I did manage to sleep in Saturday morning until 9am, which was impressive though. Saturday was spent finally clearing out the boxes and organizing the play room closets. I'll post a picture momentarily - it may be the last time it will be seen this clean, say ever. John and I went on date Saturday night, which we have not done in probably two months, since the whole moving thing consumed us. It was good, even though our dinner was less than fab. We need to get back into doing that regularly. Busy B has not wanted to spend the night anywhere for about 3 months - I think because of the uncertainty with moving. It was indeed stressful for us all. Saturday she asked to stay the night at my mom's and then happily did so. I'm glad she is feeling more secure again.
Sunday, John dragged me out of bed at 7am to go to the grocery of all things. We worked on cleaning out the pool. Even with the solar cover on and us swimming like 10 days ago, the amount of leaves in there was crazy. The pool people are coming to close it down and bring us a new cover today. We have no idea what we are doing anyways. We spent the rest of the day putting together a compost tumbler and ceck box, moving furniture around and doing normal chores. It was almost refreshing to think of coming to work today.
Hope everyone out there is doing well. I need to catch up now that things are returning to normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad you're back! I missed you!
Post a Comment