Sunday, October 24, 2010
Be Our Guest
Here it is folks - the newly evolved guest room. This was Jenni's room. She chose the paint and painted it when we first moved in. It's not my first choice, but I'm not in a hurry to change it either. I like the yellow actually, but the blue just isn't quite right. I already had this quilted bedspread. I bought it as an emergency gift for Christmas last year, just in case I had forgotten someone. I got it at a steal on clearance for less than 20 bucks with the shams and that little decorator pillow. I didn't end up needing it, so it was still in my linen closet and it goes pretty well with the room actually.
John is moving his clothes and shoes into the closet in this room. He is so noisy when he gets ready, and he has more shoes than I do - true story - so he needs the space. I'm tired of tripping over his shoes in our closet. This room has a small walk-in, so it works nicely for that. If we have guests, no big deal, he'll just pull out what he needs ahead of time.
We still need to put on the footboard, and we'll probably buy a dresser for the room eventually (or buy new ones for our room and move the ones that go with that bed in there). It is a long narrow room, so a little oddly shaped, but it works. It sits over the front porch, so gets beautiful morning light if you leave the shades up. Actually, it is the only bedroom with two windows in the whole house, now that I think about it.
It might eventually become B's room, but for now it is ready for guests. I've always wanted to have a guest room, as our old house was too small to give us room for that. This sunny space feels like a welcoming home. The furnishings may be modest, and I'm no decorator, but I think anyone who stays here in this house will feel loved. That makes me happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love it! the bedspread is amazing!!!
so love the bedspread!! can I come be your guest?
Post a Comment