I love fall. It is my favorite time of year. I love the colors. I love the smells. I love the crisp mornings and sparkling sunny afternoons. Fall just warms my heart.
Two weekends ago, B and I took advantage of some late Indian Summer temperatures and went on a boat ride down the Ohio River with my parents and cousins. It was very warm, bright and sunny and the leaves had begun showing those autumn hues. We all had a great time. We ate lunch at a little restaurant/bar built on a barge sitting at an old mismatched patio set. The sign said something like "The Key West of Clermont County." The representation made me laugh, but food and company were both great. It was the perfect way to say goodbye to 80+ degree temperatures if you ask me.
On Sunday we took advantage of the wonderful weather - sunny in the low 60's - to head out to a local fruit farm. The colors were splendid as we drove through the countryside. When we arrived, we took a hayride out to the pumpkin patch through the apple tree orchards and past the corn mazes. We picked 7 pumpkins from the furthest field. We carried them back instead of waiting for another hayride (a certain someone in our family who is not blonde was getting very impatient). We played in the haystack. We watched B bury her hands and feet inside a big bin of dried corn. We bought apples, apple cider, and fresh apple fritters. The apple fritters were amazing. Seriously, they were the best I've ever tasted. I wish I had one right now.
So anyways, I've not been blogging much. Work is very busy. Volunteering is chaos right now and at home our niece is moving out this week. (A blog post for another day.) All this busy-ness going on, but we are still taking time out to enjoy fall. I hope you catch some heart-warming color in your day today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this fall is amazing! I love the weather because we can actually go outside and not freeze or sweat to death! so glad you guys got to come down!
Post a Comment