Monday, August 02, 2010

Splurge

We decided that before we move, we'd buy a king-size bed, since we'll actually have a room large enough to hold one without feeling claustrophobic. When a certain blonde bedhog climbs in between us most nights around 3-4am, we have little room in our queen. So we went and did that on Saturday and it is set to be delivered next week to the new house.

Of course we bought a new head board and footboard too, and it was on clearance and I love it. I'd show you a picture, but I didn't take one and it isn't online. It is kind of a brushed warm-toned silver metal with a gently arched headboard and footboard.

So we were already splurging a bit, even though we went with very reasonbly priced choices for the bed and for the frame, but then I saw this. I've seen this before in another color scheme and really liked it, but this set had me swooning. We haven't had a full matching set of bedding for our bed since the one we got for a wedding gift over 12 years ago, which gave up the ghost long ago. I had a coupon for an extra 15% off, so I leaped. I bought it. I can't wait to see it all put together - a bed for grown-ups.

By the way, Carrie J, I love the set you splurged on for your new house too, and the videos mom took were great. Can't wait to see it for myself.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I can't wait either! can't wait to see YOUR new house!!!