Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dipped

Last night we made our first attempt at taking some things over to our new house. I was excited and antcipated seeing our home all cleared out and cleaned up. Except that didn't happen. I walked in to find that the old owners had not yet come back to finish cleaning up and that the carpets had not been stretched upstairs. It was not the end of the world. The house is not in shambles or anything, but I was disappointed.

Apparently the carpet people could not make it yesterday, and the owner had called John and let him know as soon as she knew. I just wasn't in the loop yet. They also decided to wait to come clean until today since they had to be there for the carpet people anyway. It's understandable. There isn't a ton of cleaning left to do anyways. They aren't even obligated to clean it, but most people moving out under positive circumstances do. They don't have too much left to do anyways. I expect that they'll sweep and clean out the fridges. I doubt they will attempt to clean any of the moving marks and prints on the walls. That's ok. I was prepared to keep the Dyson sweeper they left if they didn't come back, but my mom tells me they are cleaning over there now. ;)

We ended up just leaving a few rubbermaid totes full of things and moving in our dining room table/chairs to the upstairs great room. That at least freed up some space for me to keep working on packing at the old house. I was pretty much down to narrow pathways between boxes and furniture. Narrow passages + Big Hips + Clumsy = Bruises. It was not good, so bit of moving helped some.

Before we left, John had dug up a lamp post to make way for a flagpole that seems so important to some people. He was coated in dirt. I filled up the pool a bit more and BG and I sat on the edge and dipped our feet into the cool waters. It was our first "taste" of pool ownership. Now I need to figure out how to use the pool cleaner AKA Mr. Muncher.

Today the carpet is getting stretched. Today the man cave (room off the garage) is being painted (my mom loves us). Today wiring is being done to light the flag pole and install a ceiling fan in the downstairs master. Tomorrow the carpet is getting dry-cleaned. Tomorrow the new beds will be delivered and hopefully work will get started on the privacy fence too. This is one heck of a process.

No comments: