Ahem. I called the GYN office on Tuesday, basically in tears. While they were certain there was no visible sign of infection (either yeast or otherwise) the chart did note that there was inflammation and swelling and of course, my bright red cervix. If not the common yeast or bacterial infection, then what?
There was a chance I could have an STD, but I asked how much of a chance given my exclusive partner of 12+ years. The nurse replied that if we were both faithful (don't you love how they have to imply if infidelity might be present) that the chances were nearly nil. An allergic reaction or contact abraison was another suggestion. That led to some really interesting questions about my sexual practices and hygiene choices. Fun stuff.
Nothing really seemed to raise any red flags other than the inflammation and intense burning. I had to throw it out there. I told the nurse that I was not the kind to ask for medical help for just anything and that I'd given birth drug-free but that this was more than I could bear. (No offense meant to my epidural loving friends intended at all - you use what ammo you have when you are desperate.) The nurse I spoke to was really very nice and she talked to the NP and called me back after that.
The short - they called me in a script for Diflucan (which is used for yeast infections) and said it may not help, but shouldn't hurt either. I waited until I got my period, which conveniently showed up late that night, and took the pill. I've noticed improvement. Whether it is the pill, or my period flushing things out, I might not ever know. If this becomes a common thing before AF hits me, I don't know what I'll do.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
praying for you Kris. This is why I hate dr's. No definitive answers and always probing questions with hints of judgment. Hang in there!You are brave! Mine wasn't due for 5 days and came unexpectedly at the John Mayer concert in the almost 100 degree heat. FUN TIMES.
Post a Comment