Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wins and Fails

Win - we closed on the house yesterday. It went seemlessly. We are now the proud owners of two homes (or two mortgages as John likes to point out). Of course we don't see any reason why the land contract won't go according to plan, so ownership of the old house should be just a formality by October 1st. It is thrilling and scary all at the same time, as most big undertakings are. We probably won't get the keys until August 9th now, but that is okay with us. We'll have many things to pack and clean in the coming days as it is.

Fail - This has a TMI warning - Over the weekend, I began having some discomfort which escalated into full on burning of parts you never want to burn. It did not feel or exhibit like a yeast infection, and so I went to the GYN office yesterday - yes on the same day of closing, just hours before because I was desperate. I saw an NP and after she got up close and personal in the pants off appointment she says "I just don't see any sign of any kind of infection. Your cervix is really really red though." She did a pap. She then dropped an unsuspected bomb on me and ordered a pregnancy test. I am already wracked with nerves and jittery with all that is going on, and fear of being late to the closing, then that hit me.

So I walk into the bathroom and give up the urine sample and I think I'm going back to the exam room, but no. The nurse walks me to a little waiting room, is gone about 37 seconds, comes back, stands in the hallway, says offhand "oh that was a negative" and says the clerk will come get me to close out. So I not only get to hear for the first time ever outside of the privacy of my own bathroom that I'm not pregnant again, but I don't even get to see the NP or speak to her after the results. Now I don't know if she did any other cultures to check for anything. I know she did a pap, I felt that. I got no medication, no relief, and no answers. I was up half of the night.

PS - hearing it from someone else that you aren't pregnant sucks worse than the normal variety. I held strong til I reached my car and then the tears came.

3 comments:

jenny from mommin' it up said...

"Your cervix is really red" and then she doesn't even GIVE you ANYTHING to help relieve your discomfort?? GEEEEEZ! You poor thing. And I'm sorry about the negative. Insult to injury. :( Love u.

Annie said...

Congrats on the house closing and HUGS on the other stuff. The nurse should be a little more sensitive than that - grr...

Anonymous said...

That was the first sign of my endometriosis the burning cervix mine also was swollen later it was terrible because the dr. said you cannot feel your cervix ... he is a man how would he know? Anyway keep on top of it if it doesn't get better asap or comes back go to the Dr and insist that they check things out further. Hopefully its nothing!

Sorry about the neg. :(

Jen