Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Random Goodness

While I should always be giving thanks, I think most of us are more apt to conciously be thankful at this time of year. I know I am. I'm so thankful for many things this year, some big and some little.

-- My Dad accepted a job offer - and it is closer to home than the first offer he got. He'll be working very close to my office, actually. This is such a blessing. I've been worried that my mom was going to go insane if Dad did not get a job to occupy himself and give him satisfaction.

-- My healthy, happy daughter. I never want to take her for granted.

-- My husband of 11 + years. We may bicker, but we were meant to be together. He is truly my best friend.

-- My in-laws have moved into a safer neighborhood, and them being across the street is so convenient. Though I have worked more hours since taking my new job, I've been at home just as much, if not more, because of losing that drive.

-- My new job is going pretty well and I'm less stressed. Even the drive too and from is now without the stress of interstate traffic that I dealt with for 9 years.

-- Rudy, who came home with us 10 years ago this week, is thriving at my parent's house. I was so worried when we made the choice to have him live there. He is still very bonded to me, but he has also claimed my parents as his own.

-- All the help and support our parents give us. They make life so much easier.

-- My friends are such a blessing to me. I'm so thankful to have friendships that have lasted decades, and happy to have new friends in my life too.

-- This holiday is going to be less stressful this year as SIL won't be there (but I miss the kids).

-- Busy B is going to have an awesome birthday cake made by Cortney, and I'm so excited about planning her birthday now. I wasn't very motivated before. I needed a jump start.

-- John has a new job, and while it isn't exactly what it was advertised to be, it is stable. I believe in him and I know he can do it.


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, celebrating with those you love.

2 comments:

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

No pressure! Geeze, thanks for the props but... : ) I am really getting excited about all the ideas running around in my head. Just hoping those ideas can come to fruition!!
I feel honored I made your Thankful List!! :-)

jenny from mommin' it up said...

I'm thankful for you darling! 20 + years of friendship! Wowsers!