Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finally Fever-Free

Finally, after a full week, Busy B is fever-free. This flu or bug or whatever it is really sucks. All three of us still have a bit of a cough, but are feeling much better. I should have been giving her the sambucol too (I took it and my fever lasted just a bit over 3 full days) but she and liquid medications don't mix well. Chewable pills are much easier for us. If she is as bad as I was, she'll be on swallowable pills/capsules before she turns 5.

I actually slept the whole night through last night without waking each hour. Hopefully, that sleep will get my brain back to normal. I need to bust hump at work today. Brain fogginess has not helped me catch up from the 3 days I missed last week.

There are a few cute things Brooklynn said over the last week that I just have to write down:

- I caught her messing with the computer, and she said "I'm just checking my email." It was so matter-of-fact and her tone sounded just like mine sometimes. Though she's not allowed to touch the computer without our help, I forgot to discipline her because I was laughing so hard.

- I was coughing really hard and she patted my leg "Just puke if you need to, Mommy. It's okay."

- At one point, I realized my baby girl was growing up and could express herself more. She snuggled up next to me and very pathetically whispered "Mommy, I don't feel good." She's never been sick before when she could actually tell me in words that she was sick. Its good, but makes me nostalgic for babyhood that is all but gone.

In just 3 weeks, Busy B will turn THREE. It doesn't even seem possible. Three. Sigh....

1 comment:

Erin said...

Doesn't that just astound you? Luke will turn three in February and talking to him is like holding a conversation with an adult. It's just crazy!