Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lightning

My very best BFF came over last night with her 3 year-old and two-month old. Both boys are just amazingly adorable of course. Busy B was just that - Busy. She bossed her buddy and poked at the baby. She had not fallen asleep during naptime, and thus was a ticking time bomb. It reminded me of one of my major reasons I don't want her to be an only child - learning the world does not revolve around HER. I had warned Krista about the lack of nap, but she was willing to brave it. We missed eachother and were going to make it work. Fortunately, we made it through our visit without too much damage. Sorry Kris - she just does not listen well when overtired.

Anywho, today I had lunch with 6 of my old work buddies. One of the guys asked, "So when is your second baby going to be on the way?" I just said, "Well, I'm just not very fertile, so whenever lightning strikes twice I guess."

Probably a bit overly dramatic. I know. You can tell me if you think so. It's okay. I'm just having a drama-driven week at the office (putting my Psych. minor to use this week). Nervous little laughter/mutters followed my comment. Don't ask if you don't want to know. I understand people are curious. I'm always curious. I just think people [including myself here] should remember that those kind of questions may have loaded answers. It's not necessarily the kind of thing for light conversation. I'm much more hesitant to ask, and more careful in my wording when I do with questions like this now.

I'm not bitter or angry. Just longing to experience all of that wonder again. I find the disappointment in TTC #2 is different for me than it was the first go-round. I got my feelings hurt more and was much more frustrated back then, now I really just feel sad that BG isn't going to share her world with a sibling just yet.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Nothing to apologize for Kris...trust me, Bryson has behaved way worse for me on playdates before! I think Brooklyn did rather well for not napping at all! Glad we got to see you guys yesterday! It was fun :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Krista...it's rawsgen (gen) from the old boards (not sure if this is posting with my name or not).

I feel the EXACT SAME WAY...my infertility issues seem much worse this time then with my first...I have PCOS and have not gotten AF since January...UGH!!! It is so fustrating and depressing watching almost everyone I know get pg so easily (except for one friend). It is just not fair and makes me so angry...it is like I am a broken piece of equipment...

I am hoping that everything will work out and I can at least have one more baby...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that it works for you soon!!! (((HUGS)))