Monday, February 02, 2009

Cell Phone Saga

I lost my cell phone Thursday night. I just could not find that thing anywhere. I had left my client, gone to Walgreen's, gone home, changed, packed up stuff for B to swim at the YMCA, John and I went to pick up some food and then we went to my Parent's to eat with them. I realized when we were picking up the food that I didn't have my cell on me. I had used it on the way home from Walgreen's, so I knew it had to be in the car or in the house.

After looking everywhere (and getting really, really frustrated), it occured to me that maybe it fell out of my pocket when I was stupidly trying to carry all my crap into the house in one trip. John took the big spotlight flashlight out and looked, and sure enough, it was there in the snow. Not only was it cold and wet, but it had been run over by our car. Great. Yes, I am that girl - the one who drives over her cell phone with her car. I will never live this one down. It will be like the popcorn story, or the locking my keys in my car two days in a row episode. It will live on forever.

Amazingly, the phone turned on. The inside screen was cracked and completely blank, but the outside screen was working, sort of. It was visible, but everything on it was backwards. The phone still made and received calls, but you could not see the address book to tell who you were calling. I do have voice activated dialing, so I could by-pass that little roadblock. Seriously, I am not as dumb as I may seem, sometimes.

I took the phone with me to work and used it on Friday (the day I was dying - in pain all day long - from what was possibly a gallbladder attack). Late Friday evening, just as I was feeling better I went to go use the phone to call my best friend and it was dead. Oh and since I've like never actually dialed my best friend's numbers, I didn't know them. Her parent's number - that one I knew - but not hers. About 11pm I realize I still have my old cell phone, and the numbers would be in there. Sure enough, they were, but it was now too late to call.

By Saturday morning, I was feeling back to myself (thankfully). I took my dead phone, John's old phone (which was the same as my dead phone) and my old phone to Verizon. I got there 5 minutes before they opened. There was a line outside. It was 16 degrees and there was a line outside. Crazy. Who waits at the door for Verizon to open? - Apparently, I do. I get in there and they can't get my dead phone to boot, so they cannot transfer the address book to John's old phone. I ended up just having them transfer my number to my old phone, since most of the numbers were already in that one. I'm guessing I stopped using this one when B was about 8 months old, as that's how old she looks in the picture on the wallpaper.

So if you have changed your number in the last year and a half, email me with your new one, or call my cell.

1 comment:

nancy said...

heh. you ran over your own cell phone. A teeny, tiny cell phone. And you ran it over. Awesome.

~wink~