Monday, November 13, 2006

My husband deserves a medal

This is going to be TMI so if you are sqeamish about puke and stuff then don't read ahead....

I got the flu on Sunday. I woke up with a headache and just didn't feel well. I thought I needed to eat, so we went out to breakfast and then to John's parents to clean out their gutters. That was a bad idea. I started having diarrhea before we left their house. We had just made it home when the projectile vomitting began. It was awful. I don't think I've ever puked like that before.

As much as may complain about John and how I wish he'd help more, he really did great yesterday. Several times I found myself puking in the trash can while going out the other end on the toilet. As embarassing as it was, John came in and held my hair back and put a cool cloth on my neck. He called the OB, he went to the store and he did laundry too. He also made himself dinner and just kept checking on me. He got out the Bebe sounds listener thing and listened to Brooklynn to make sure she was okay in there. He had to keep taking out the trash, and he never complained. He took care of the dogs too, which he's not used to doing. He really did well. I'm so impressed and I hope this is a sign of how well he steps up when it's really needed.

I think I'm done puking now and my fever broke a few hours ago. I'm sitting up for the first time in more than 24 hours, so that's a good sign I guess. I have an OB appointment in the morning and I'll post an update after that.

No comments: