Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm a bit late with the 37 week post

So I should have posted my "I'm 37 weeks today" post yesterday. I tried to once but couldn't log into blogger. Then I just lost motivation. I laid like a slug on the couch all evening with the exception of throwing 2 loads of laundry in the washer and dryer. I didn't even fold them. I just laid each piece over the dining room chairs and called it a night. How sad is that? I'm just tired. I make it through work okay, but I fade fast after that.

Tonight I did at least accomplish something, I went and renewed my driver's license. The girl was like "height, weight, hair color and eye color the same?" The girl beside her snorted trying to cover a giggle as she had noticed my belly bump. I said "No, but I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant and I'm not going to change it now." I actually weigh now about what I should have weighed had I been at my driver's license weight and gained the appropriate 25 pounds. My picture looks really stupid by the way.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Same story - Wait around forever for a visit that should only take 10 or 15 minutes. I was there for 50 minutes this morning and I was the first appointment. Brooklynn's heart sounds just great. I measured 36cm still but I'm so short waisted that I may not measure any bigger. I can definitely feel Brooklynn has gotten bigger over the last week and she squirms and squiggles all day long trying to get comfortable in there. My blood pressure was higher than normal for me at 124/82. The doc didn't seem concerned at all about it though. I still have no swelling, but I did gain another 1 1/2 pounds, so I'm about 4 1/2 pounds for total weight gain now. They didn't let me make a 40 week appointment, but my 38 and 39 week appointments are both set for the next two Tuesday mornings.

I'm feeling the need to take a rest on the couch with my doglets, so ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH. I just posted a HUGE comment to you! poop. Then it said I had to login to my beta userid and it lost everything. Stupid beta. Don't switch. It's BAD.

Anywho - I can't believe you are 37 weeks. Are you sure you are? ;)

SO if she decides to come now, she won't be stopped. goodness!

Good thing your blood pressure isn't too high. Mine was always 110/70 and at my 37 week appointment, it was 120/100 and I got slammed on complete bedrest. It was bizarre since I felt just fine. Looks like you'll be sailing through the next 3 weeks without issue. And as SOON as you deliver, your reflux will be gone. Another crazy but GOOD thing.

Now, I always hated when ppl told me this, but "rest now while you can". It's true. If you want to be a "slug", go ahead. It will really be the last time for awhile!

Krista said...

I'm trying to rest, really I am. It's been important to since I've been awake much of the early morning hours this week.

We're ready at home, but I feel like I need to get more done at work before she's born. Whatever happens, happens of course. She'll come when she's good and ready, be it sooner or later.