Wednesday, November 22, 2006

36 wk Dr. Appointment Update

Well things look to be just fine for Brooklynn and I. It was pretty much a routine appointment besides the extra long wait that comes with late afternoon appointments. Her heart is beating quickly and strongly. Dr. even said "That's a happy baby!" while listening to her. My blood pressure is still fine at 122/74 and my urine checked out okay too. Last week's low weight was definitely a result of being dehydrated from that flu bug, because this week I tipped the scales at almost 3 pounds above my starting weight.

The only other news is that I tested Group B Strep positive, so I have to go on IV antibiotics during my labor as a precautionary measure. I asked the doc if the IV antibiotics would cause problems with me wanting to use the tub during labor and he said it shouldn't be a problem. I guess the drip should only need to run about 20 minutes every 4 hours or so anyways. They like to get 2 doses in you before the baby comes if they can. I just hope the nurses on duty when I go in are good sticks since my veins suck.

Robyn and I talked last weekend about me laboring as long as possible at home. For those of you who don't know, Robyn is John's SIL. She is a labor and delivery RN and she has had 5 drug-free labors of her own as well. She will be acting as my doula. She even said she'd bring home some supplies and gloves so she can check my progress if I want her to. I think that is great because I really don't want to go to the hospital too early. I hope the timing works out well so she won't have too much trouble clearing her schedule to be there with us. I'm very grateful that she is willing, even if it means losing hours at work.

I ordered my breast pump this week and it should come next week sometime. Hopefully that was the last major purchase for awhile, but we'll have to wait and see. Well I ate dinner not that long ago, but I'm hungry again, so I'm going to sign off and go munch on something.

No comments: