I'm 19 weeks today. We're getting close to that half-way mark and it just seems like time has flown by. My belly has popped. While it's still an odd shape with an indent in the middle, it looks more pregnant than it did last week.
I'm still down the 9 pounds as of this morning. I'm going to dinner tonight with some friends and I plan to indulge. Maybe that will add some weight to me. Now for those of you who have never seen me, don't worry. I have plenty of fat stores on these hips to help make up for not gaining like you skinny minnie chicks. I'm wearing size Large maternity pants and maternity shirts these days or some regular size xl longer fitted tees. I am eating more though and trying to make choices that will help me begin to gain in a healthy manner, it just hasn't happened yet. I've struggled to avoid gaining weight my whole life, and more often than not, gained anyways. I never dreamed it would be any different when I became pregnant. I figured I'd have to watch every morsel that entered my mouth. For the first time in my life, I may actually have a decent metabolism!
No definite movement yet. I have had a few feelings that have made me wonder, but nothing that I can for sure say is Squirt. I do have lots of round ligament pain when I move too quickly though. I can also feel the top of my uterus right below my belly button. Side sleeping with the snoogle pillow is going well, but the arm under me gets very numb and I have to turn over frequently. Despite all the crap going on in my life, I'm really looking forward to seeing Squirt on the u/s in a few weeks. I hope our little one is thriving as they should be.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Krista...just wanted to let you know I am praying that everything works out for you and DH...it actually breaks my heart that you have to deal with all of this during one of the happiest times of your life...
(((HUGS)))
Gen
I say you are feeling squirt! Those "I wonder if that's it" in a first pregnancy is usually it. The next pregnancy, you'll be all "yup, that's the baby!". Hence why second+ timers feel it faster. It's not that 2+ babies move more quicker, it's just that we know what it feels like. I'm so excited to read the first "Holy crap! I just got *kicked*!" blog!
So, Yay! squirt is moving!!!
Post a Comment