Saturday, July 08, 2006

Long day yesterday

I'm 16w4d now. I'm almost done with the 4th month. It's hard to believe sometimes. I've not had too many new symptoms this week. One is an expanding belly. My breasts are growing again too. Another thing is that when I lay on my side the weight of my breasts pressing on my arm underneath me causes numbness in that arm. I've been switching sides about every 60 - 90 minutes at night as a result. At least I know what is causing the numbness, otherwise it would freak me out. No feeling movement yet, but I hope in the next few weeks I do.

Yesterday was a very long day. My MIL had surgery - a hysterectomy. I went straight to the hospital from work in the afternoon. (John couldn't be there because it was inventory day at work for him and he was required to be there. He ended up working 15 hours.) Things didn't get started on time and then there were some complications with the surgery. It took a lot longer than they expected. She came through it okay though. We didn't get to see her until about 7:30 at night though, and I had left home at 7:00am. I knew FIL needed to eat, and so did I, so he and I went to eat after that.

I was sitting there waiting to be seated at O'Charleys when I realized that my dogs had not been let out all day. Oh my gosh! I'm a terrible dog-mom! How could I have done that? I've never been that careless before. I tried calling my parents to see if they could drop by and let them out. I never got through to either of them. By the time I got home, my poor doglets hadn't been let out for 14 + hours. I feel so bad about it. They didn't even pee in the kitchen, where they spend the day. All three held it all day. Poor Roscoe must have peed for a full minute straight when I let them out. I am so mad at myself. They usually don't go more than 9 hours without a potty-break. Rudy has been part of the family for 7 years and this has never happened before, but I still feel terrible.

No comments: