Monday, July 17, 2006

Dr. Appointment Update

Our 4th OB appointment was this morning. My mom went with me as John is trying to save the rest of his time off for when we really need it. Same old, same old - pee in a cup, get weighed and take your BP. I gained 1 1/2 pounds from last time, so that is good. We listened to the heartbeat for a few seconds. Squirt sounded great. Mom enjoyed getting to hear it firsthand. I signed the forms to decline the quad screen and the cystic fibrosis genetic test on me. Then they sent me to the lab for bloodwork.

I'm known to be a hard stick. I have small veins that just don't like to cooperate. I was lucky and a nurse in the OB office said the lady that was in today was very good, and she was indeed very skilled. She took her time and carefully chose where she was going to stick me and she did it slowly. She nailed it the first try. That almost never happens for me. It was so nice not to have to be stuck over and over again. 12 hours later and I don't even have sign of a bruise, which I usually do. I got her name and hours she usually works before she left and hope to plan anymore bloodwork I need when she'll be working.

My next appointment is on August 15 and I'll be 22 weeks. I'll have my big ultrasound at 10:30 and then my regular monthly appointment right afterwards. It will be hard to wait that long to see Squirt again. I'm just so anxious to be able to see our baby move, since I haven't felt him or her yet. I just want to know everything is okay. We still plan on finding out the gender if Squirt is willing to share.

We celebrated our 8th anniversary (which is tomorrow) tonight. We had time to go out to one of our favorite restaurants tonight, so we decided to celebrate a day early. John bought and booked me a 60-minute pregnancy massage and a hair cut with my favorite stylist afterwards at the Mantra Salon and Spa. He couldn't get me in until August 11, so I have to wait, but I'm very excited about it. I couldn't ask for a more thoughtful gift. I bought him BB King concert tickets at the Fraize for the end of August.

I can't believe I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow!

No comments: