Thursday, December 01, 2011

2ww

The two week wait is a torturing time. You might think that week two would be worse than week one as the anxiety builds and builds. For me, it is the opposite. The first week is the worst. You see in that week you can do NOTHING but wait. You can't test and you shouldn't try and read your "symptoms" either. During the first week implantation has probably not occured yet even if you were pregnant so you shouldn't have any true pregnancy signs. Implantation most commonly occurs 6-10 days after ovulation. Its after that, that stuff really starts to happen. Even then, many women don't have any real symptoms for a few more weeks.

I say real, because there are numerous things that happen all the time that you might think are pregnancy related if you think about it. You may not notice them in cycles where you are using birth control, because you aren't paying close attention. When you are TTC though, suddenly every twinge is a sign. Nevermind the fact that hormones are also at work in those two weeks in cycles where there isn't much chance of pregancy. It's your body's way of making you c-c-crazy if you ask me.

So yesterday at 1:45pm I reached over my desk and felt a very quick pinch below toward the right. It was sharp enough that I gasped out loud. It was just a split second and then gone. Of course, because I'm a crazed woman right now, I automatically think - "maybe that was implantation!" The liklihood that I felt implantation like that at all, let alone yesterday, is small. My head knows that. However the hormones try to override all logic and make you far too emotional about it. It's like an internal battle all the time. "Maybe...." and then "Be REALISTIC!" but then "Maybe...." comes back around anyways.

5 dpo today. 9 more to go.

1 comment:

jenny from mommin' it up said...

Yeah, that pretty much sounds like torture. Praying for you!