Monday, December 12, 2011

Ups and Downs

This whole process is definitely a rollercoaster - no doubt about it. On Friday I waited and waited and waited, but I didn't get a call back from the nurse. Saturday I tried calling, but never reached anyone. Sunday was day 3, which would be the day for me to start clomid, but I hadn't had any baseline ultrasound yet. Nor did I know whether we should even bother with this cycle given the timing. I was freaking out, uncertain, disappointed and just plain crazy all at the same time. I pretty much resigned myself that this cycle was toast.

Sunday I decided to take the pills anyway and figure it all out on Monday (today). So I called in my refill. Then in the middle of B's party, the pharmacy called to say they didn't have but one pill and I take two each dose. They called the next closest location for me and were able to get the Rx filled. So after the party I had to excuse myelf to run over to that pharmacy and pick it up. I took the pills before bed.

This morning a different nurse called me, apologized for the confusion and talked me into coming on down for an ultrasound with the RE. While I shouldn't have taken the pills without the u/s verifying no cysts leftover, it turned out okay. My lining and ovaries were all quiet. Righty had 8 antral follies and Lefty had 10 with quick counts. This RE - the same one who did my IUI last time - said he thought we should go for it and that the office would open on the 26th if they needed to for the patients.

So we are going to try after all. Pray that things move a bit quicker in my ovaries this round and that we can get the IUI on Christmas Eve. That would be best for all of us and no work would be missed for us and no planned holidays missed for the clinic.

PS. My BABY turns 5 at 12:53 today! FIVE!

4 comments:

Annette said...

Praying for you. Happy Birthday B!! Jenna had a blast yesterday at the party thanks for including us in this.

jenny from mommin' it up said...

I am glad everything looked good today. Do you know, what is the "average" success rate for IUI time-wise? Just wondering how many cycles is average. Since I know NOTHING about it, clearly. I sure do love you! The kids had so much fun yesterday, I am so sorry I missed it! Sophie thought the Tinkerbell cake was pretty cool! Kiss that 5-year-old for me!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Praying!!!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday B... wow 5 years old seems like just yesterday she was a born!! Sheesh!!!

Keeping you guys in my prayers hoping for the most amazing Christmas gift ever!!!!!

HUGS
Jen & The Crew