I was running behind this morning. John was going fishing and so he was up at the same time I was trying to get ready. I'm not a morning person and don't like to interact with my DH, who is altogether too happy at the break of dawn, until I've had time to wake up. I also had to get B out the door, and she was not interested in waking up this morning. So the stage is set.
Finally, after John is gone and B is gone, I finish getting ready, grab my purse and grab my lunch and walk out the door. Only problem is, I get to my car and my keys are not in my purse as I thought they were. (I should have known, because John had moved my car last night.) Crap. I go to the digital keypad for our garage door - its batteries are dead. Double Crap. I begin to bet that I didn't lock the back door. I'm used to leaving it unlocked in the mornings because John is home 99% of the times that I leave and I'm letting the dogs in and out as I get ready.
I run around back, unlatch the gate, had through the yard and sure enough, the back door is not only unlocked, but I can see through the storm door that the door isn't even all the way closed. Thank goodness. By this time, my shoes, feet and pant legs are wet from the dew on the grass, but I'm glad I can get in. I grab open the door and begin to race to find my keys and I went flying on my wet shoes on the laminate floor. I nearly killed myself. I did, however, get my keys and made it to work just 3 minutes late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment