Monday, June 29, 2009

Maybe not the move we planned

I can't really explain all that has happened in the last two weeks regarding this, but so many things have fallen into place, that this has to be Providence.

My In-laws will be moving into the rental house across the street from our current home. They should sign the lease this week, if not today. The circumstances behind this are not necessarily good, and I know my in-laws are not proud of the financial choices they have made in the past. We can't change the past, but the course of action they are now undertaking will help make the best of things for the future.

It won't be the easiest road, and it hasn't been considered lightly. This was a last chance effort to keep a remaining spouse afloat when the first one passes away. As it was, when one of them died, the other was going to lose everything and have to deal with it all on their own without the other by their side. If they take these steps, they will lose some things now, but they will do so on their own terms and they will do it hand-in-hand.

Yes, there will be some give and take by having them so close, but the pros will outweigh the cons. I've lived by family before - and family that hated me to boot- so I can deal. B will get to sleep in more often, and so will John. MIL will probably cook quite a bit for us, since she has time and loves to cook. My commute will be cut yet again, and with gas prices up again, that is a good thing. I don't know what the long-term future holds, but for now, we see this as the best thing for the whole extended family.

I guess we'll be moving this holiday weekend instead of relaxing.

2 comments:

Annette said...

I know this is the best way for this to happen, but I am glad they are taking you and Johns advice and getting this under control somewhat.
I'm really glad it is all falling into place.

nancy said...

here's to it. I am glad it is going this way for you all though.