Once again, I've been absent from the blogosphere this week. I worked Monday and Tuesday and I've been off the internet ever since. It just seemed that it was time to just enjoy my family and time off and stay off the computer entirely.
Christmas was lovely. SIL did not spoil things too much, and they weren't even here on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, so we only saw them the weekend before the holiday. We spent the morning at home. John made breakfast and my parents and one of my aunts came over to join us. B opened her presents and played. Then she went down for her nap. It took forever to get that child to sleep. When she woke up, we headed over to John's parents. He was already there and had fried a turkey for dinner.
During my few days off, I went to IKEA twice. I should have bought this cabinet the first day there, but I talked myself out of it, and ended up going back on Saturday to get it. It was normally $399 but was on sale for $129. Of course they were sold out since I had wavered for days, so I had to order it and it should arrive in a week or two. We also bought a tower with a rolling door and lock to keep the computers, printers, bills and shredders away from B's grasp. It was on sale for more than half off at $99. B is just too hard to contain to keep these important items out any longer, when they could easily be stored in this. It will take up less floor space than the desk we currently have too.
B pooped in the potty and peed in it once. I'm still not working on "training" her, but if she asks to sit on the potty, I comply. I only ask her before putting her in the tub, and if she says no, I don't press her. Perhaps she'll be ready this spring when tax season is over and there are less clothes to remove. Who knows? I did buy two of those little potties at IKEA which look similar to the ones Jon & Kate plus Eight used. --Sad I know, but B loooooooooooooooves this show. It is the one TV show she will actually watch and asks for. Otherwise, she could care less about TV.
Hopefully posts will be more regular here this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss you! We need to get together so B and Soph can play! (Ha ha, I almost called them B&S. Maybe not!) love you! I am glad you had a good Christmas!
Post a Comment