Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The date is set!

John’s lap band procedure has been scheduled for January 20th. He has to get some bloodwork and a few standard tests done on the 13th, but other than that, he has jumped through all the hoops. Before those tests, he wants to eat at 3 places – BD’s Mongolian Barbeque, Carrabba’s and Texas Roadhouse.

I’ve already been doing my best to cut my portion sizes and the scale has dropped a few pounds, not enough to be excited about though. I guess it is better than gaining, as is common during the holiday season. After John is healed up and is able to really eat “normal” food again, our plan will still include some eating out, but we’ll be sharing, which should help me stick to smaller portions too. I already usually share a meal with B when we eat out. Now, we’ll probably get a kids meal and one adult meal for the three of us to share at most places.

I really hope this is the tool John needs, that is what is most important. I have to say, I also hope that him changing his bad food habits, will help me curb some of mine as well though. When it comes to food, I am easily influenced by what and how much others around me are (or aren’t) eating. I’m also one of those who finds it easier to stay away from certain “red light” foods when they aren’t in the house. I almost never want something bad enough to actually go out and get it. If John isn’t buying junk food, then hopefully I won’t be as tempted to eat it.

I really want to lose at least 20 (30 would rock, but I’m being realistic) pounds before TTCing again. I’m hoping to be on the TTC Rollercoaster again later in 2009. Who knows, maybe I’ll be pregnant by this time next year…. A girl can dream.

No comments: