I'm not the most accepting person when it comes to change. I embrace changes that improve our lives when it is clear the outcome will be good, but when the results are unsure, I'm far less open to it.
You may recall that after about 4 years of having an office to myself, I got an office-mate last December. I was less than thrilled, but tried to look for the best. It turned out that I really like Nancy and we had a good fit in sharing an office. She's 50 with a youthful attitude. She's a mom. She's a grandmother. She nursed her kids - one of them for 18 months. She's a safety nut. We have a lot of similarities and enough differences that we get along well. I was told yesterday that they are moving her out and moving a new hire in with me.
I'm so not happy about this. I get the new hire again, just because she's a girl, and I'm the only female accountant here that has enough experience in the firm to train her. She's 21 or 22 and finishing up school. She'll be working part-time until December when she'll start full time. I haven't met her yet, but I just can't imagine I'll be lucky enough to get another great fit.
On a better note, my in-laws van is fixed and I think the total was right around $500 - though maybe a bit more. Also, Brooklynn said "bless you" with no prompting yesterday when her Pap sneezed.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry about losing your office mate, and getting a new one. How cute that B said Bless you.
Post a Comment