Thursday, July 10, 2008

I feel a bit less burdened

After talking to John yesterday and blogging about my frustration I got online and began looking for used chairs. John told me he knew the chair was going to die and had been looking on craigslist and ebay every other week or so for the last three months and hadn't had any luck with a chair that looked like it would fit the bill. I got on craigslist and looked at the three closest cities (all within 90 minutes of here) and found quite a few prospects. I began to get even angrier thinking that he was just passing by these used chairs ($350 - 650) in favor of paying $1100. Either he just wanted to buy a new one, he was lying to me about looking or he's just a moron. That is what went through my head.

So I get on the phone and start telling him about these chairs and how good some of them look. He's like "I'm on craigslist Columbus and I don't see that anywhere." Turns out he was only searching the "household" section. I told him to just search from the main page for lift chair, which he does and then sees the 20 or so listings that I saw. Then I share with him what I had been thinking and why I was getting so mad. He says "Well I'm a moron, I guess."

Long story short, one of the used chairs looked really nice and was only a year old and located just 40 minutes away. He went and looked at it and is buying it today for $400. He also tied to understand where I'm coming from and how overwhelmed I am with all these extra costs we've had with our Jeep, my teeth and his parent's needs. I feel better about things, at least for now.

No comments: