Monday, July 21, 2008

Brooklynn's check-up

We had Brooklynn's doctor appointment for her 18 month check-up on Friday. Of course she was already 19 months, but we are behind a bit on the shot schedule because of the hives she got before her 12 month appointment.

We waited for 30 minutes past our appointment time to be shown to a room. That sucked. I saw at least 4 brand new babies come in for their first check up, so perhaps that caused part of the back-up. As soon as we walked back to a room, B began to wail, which continued the entire time we were back there. That was really fun, especially after the extra 30 minutes in the waiting room. The place also felt like a sauna to me, so that added to my wonderful experience.

I had to struggle to talk with the doctor over B's cries. She wanted to do a flouride varnish on B's teeth, which I was all for, but the rules said no eating or drinking for 2 hours afterwards. B had just awaken from her nap before we left for the office and after all this crying, she was really going to need a drink and a snack afterwards. I decided to put that off until later, when we might have a shot at making that 2 hours. We were seeing a new doctor and she was just okay. She was not that supportive of me still nursing, which the nurse practitioners we've seen at past appointments have been very pleased with. That was a bit disappointing.

As for the stats, B weighed 24 pounds 12 ounces. She was 32.75 inches long. I couldn't really hear over the incessant, trilling sobs, but I think that was 50th and 60th percentiles, respectively. Her head circumferance was 46.5 cm.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had a nice, yet too brief, date on Friday night. John was going on about 2 hours of sleep, so we kept it short and sweet.

No comments: