Sorry It has been awhile since I have updated. Despite what I said about not working more than 45 hours per week, I've been working about 55 hours a week for the last 3 weeks. This tax season has just been very different in how my workflow came in. Some big jobs stalled and took up more time early on in the season, a client got sick and was hospitalized for a week, another client broke her ankle really badly and so at the end of March everything snowballed and I have had WAY too much to do. Feeling some loyalty to my employers and more for my clients, I voluntarily began stepping up my time in the office. I've been going in a little earlier and staying later. John has picked up B everyday for the last 3 weeks in a row. He has started dinner each night, or picked something up too. Otherwise this would have been a complete nightmare. I'm behind on my laundry and behind on other household chores, but that's okay.
Brooklynn has been enjoying the outdoors in the nicer April weather...well until yesterday when it got cold and rainy. She LOVES to play in dirt and move it from one place to the other and will be entertained by this task for 30 minutes or more. It's quite insane, really. Maybe she'll have a green thumb. She is using words and short phrases more and more and I can hardly believe she turned 16 months old yesterday.
Since getting our bikes tuned up, we began researching what little trailer would be best to buy to pull Busy B behind us on the bikes. We chose a Champion Cougar 2 and invested a pretty penny in it. One thing I really like about it is that it is a stroller and a bicycle trailer and it takes no tools and less than a minute to switch from one to the other. It also holds two kids, so if we do have another, we won't need to buy a dual stroller too. It is pretty cool looking, functions fabulously and has lots of great features. Besides, the cute store manager at the bike shop gave us a deal. ;)
On other news I'm pretty sure my period started this morning - April 13th! (It could just be spotting like last cycle - which went on for 4 days before the real deal, but I don't think that is the case this time.) My last cycle started March 13th. This may be my first "normal" cycle since coming off BCP in November 2004. I'm kind of excited and hopeful that I won't have as wacky, long, irregular cycles as I did before Brooklynn was conceived.
Brooklynn is taking an early nap because she woke up at FOUR this morning. FOUR AM. My normal tactic of nursing her back to sleep did not work because the milk supply is really waning; probably not helped any by AF's arrival. She sucked them dry and then got mad and decided it was time to get up. At 5:15am I told John I'd do anything if he'd take her to the grocery, and let me sleep for another hour or two. He did. I'm sure I'll end up paying for that. I was desperate though.
Guess the laundry is calling my name. I'll try and get back on at least weekly postings, if not more often, soon.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment