John will be working second shift effective May 5th. Currently his standard shift is scheduled to be 4pm - 1 am. He'll be working this schedule every other weekend as well. It really should be every 3rd or 4th weekend, but they are short staffed due to some people out on sick leave. It is going to be quite an adjustment for us.
He'll probably keep B at home a few days a week and drop her off at his parents after her lunch and her nap. He plans on napping with her to catch up on the sleep he'll need. When school gets out my mom will probably take B one or two mornings a week and then John can pick her up have lunch with her and take her to his parents.
With this new schedule in mind and with the price of gas going up and up, I asked my boss if I could work 4 days a week during the summer. He said he'd talk it over with the other partners, but he didn't think it would be a problem as long as I could be felxible when client demands came up. So I'm planning on working 36 hours a week and taking Fridays off. I'll work in the extra 4 hours somehow. Maybe working 2 extra hours a week at the office by skipping lunch and then working from home 2 hours during the week when B is asleep. That would still give me one lunch break to run errands and one to go out to lunch each week.
We'll just have to give it a try and see what works best I guess.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's a bummer about John's shift getting changed. At least he will be able to stay home with Brooklynn a few days a week and spend some time with her!
I hope your boss agrees to let you go 4 days a week this summer. That will be nice for you and maybe we will be able to get the kids together on Fridays once in awhile!
Post a Comment