Yesterday John was informed that he would begin working second shift effective today. Not only that, but that he will be required to work the standard 2pm to 11pm, with possible extra hours before or after that, as needed. Since Brooklynn ususally naps earlier in her day, this means he'll have to drop her off before her naptime, which can fall anytime after 10:30am.
I guess if her keeps her home in the mornings and I drop the AM nursing session, then she might sleep longer - say to 7:30 - then she might push that nap back some. Her nap is terribly inconvenient because it goes right through "normal" lunch time hours. I'd really love her to be an after lunch napper, because that would leave the weekday mornings for John to make the most of his time with her, and would leave weekend mornings free for family time and errands.
We'll just have to see how it goes. I'm still in terrible pain from my tooth. The root canal is monday morning. It is crazy to think I'm looking forward to it - and I am Terrified of the dentist usually. (Everyone has some irrational fear, and the dentist is mine.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Krista! Hope you remember me - I still check in on you and Brooklynn every now and then - I always liked your blog!
I just effectively got my girls down to one long nap in the afternoons and it has completely changed my life for the better! My trick was to do something every morning to keep them distracted. Is John able and willing to do that? Even if it's just a walk around the block or a quick trip to the store. Then they are all tired when we get home from whatever activity we just did, they eat lunch and konk out - it's great!
Sorry about your tooth - ouch!
Do you have any recent pics?
Take care,
Annie and the two munchkins - Claire and Kate
i hate the dentist too! and elevators!
Post a Comment