Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Seriously???

I found out last night that the doctor sewed the sponge he was mopping up blood with to me. Yes you read that right. HE SEWED a sponge TO MY BODY! That is why it freaking took so long. He had to take it out and re-do it. Can you believe that???

Robyn saw it all and told me last night. She is writing a letter to the hospital and the practice becuase she feels the whole repair was not up to par in how it was done, how long it took and how little numbing medication he gave me. She believes I will have more scar tissue than I might have should a better doctor repaired me. I remembered that the nurse also called the doctor back and asked him "Don't you want to cut this?" and he trimmed some of the suture off. I will be filing a complaint with the practice as well as a result of all of this. I will see my regular OB/GYN for my post-partum and then I think I'm through with this practice.

I am so upset about this and so worried that I won't heal nicely. I will be terrified to have sex when the time comes. I just cannot believe this...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!! I cannot believe that! You hear about these things happening where dr's leave things up inside people, but you never think they could happen to you or someone you know!

You are definately doing the right thing by filing a complaint and getting out of that practice!

I'm just glad he realized it was there before he was finished. You could have ended up with a horrible infection.

JRap said...

holy CRAP!!!!! That's like stuff you hear about on Oprah!!! FILE AWAY baby, things like that need to be noted and complained about and put on record!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly!

Holy moly holy moly holy moly.

I, for once, am speechless.

~hugs~

Anonymous said...

Krista - where are you? I know you have a newborn and everything, but come on! I want to hear what it's like to have a 2 week old!