My MIL really wanted me to have Brooklynn yesterday on my birthday because John was born on her birthday. Obviously that did not happen. I really didn't care about sharing my birthday, but I didn't feel ready to have her yesterday either. It was a nice day. Thanks to all of you who sent emails, cards or called me.
My co-workers surprised me yesterday. They had put a luncheon from a payroll company on the calendar (payroll companies bring CPA's lunch or goodies from time to time to try and earn their recommendation to clients). I walked down for the luncheon and they all went "Surprise!" They had brought in lunch for everyone from Fazolis and had a baby shower cake. They gave me a little stuffed elephant from St. Jude's and he was holding a $125 Target gift card. That was so nice of them!
Last night John took me to dinner and then we went to Sam's Club to get our membership cards done. My aunt bought us a membership to Sam's because she heard it was a good place to buy diapers and wipes. We walked around Sam's for awhile looking at things, and just as in Target last weekend I had contractions while shopping. I guess if I really want her to come I should go to the mall and power-shop. Now that is just crazy talk. I have a firm no-mall policy for the day after Thanksgiving up through Christmas day. I worked at the mall in college and those holiday seasons were enough to traumatize me for life. - Now I hate the mall at Christmas time.
Today I'm feeling crampy twinges like PMS. It's not painful, its just that achy crampiness you can get in your pelvis and lower back a day or two before your period starts. That may mean nothing, it may be something...who knows. While I'm not yet really done with all I'd like to do at work, I'm getting tired of this whole dance I do every day before I leave trying to tie up loose ends. So I guess I'm going to stop asking her to stay put another week (though that really might work out best for John and I) and just go with the flow. She'll come when she wants to regardless of what we want anyways; not a thing we can do about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday a day late!
Sorry to hear that she's giving you fits, although it's a good sign too. I have my fingers crossed for you!
Post a Comment