I've said it before and I'll say it again - long cycles suck! It is so frustrating to have cycles that are 6 - 7 weeks long (or God forbid, even longer yet). I am so sick of this crap.
My cycles became regular at 30 - 31 days within less than a year after starting my period when I was 12 or 13. I maintained this pattern until I went on birth control pills at the age of 19. It was dependable. I went off the pill and things were drastically different. Now I'm all screwed up and I've been that way for more than 16 months - and in those 16+ months, I've only had 12 periods.
It is annoying to see other women go through an entire cycle before I've even ovulated. It is frustrating to see other women get their period weeks after I get mine and still ovulate before me. I hate when people say "Better luck next month" or "I hope this is your month"...etc because my cycles are not even close to a month in length. I know they mean no harm and only want to offer support. It just reminds me that my cycles are not the norm, and I have much longer to wait than the average TTC'er.
"Irregular." Most people hear that term and think of constipation or something along those lines. I hear it and I think of menstrual cycles. Not only are my cycles way too long - they are also very inconsistent. I can never predict what may happen. There is no pattern, no rhyme or reason, no method to my body's madness.
I can't plan ahead for a relaxing, romantic get-away near the time of ovulation. I have no idea when my body might decide to leggo an eggo. I can't plan doctor's appointments weeks in advance and be reasonably convinced that my period won't strike me that week. I can't stop charting because I'd never know when I was truly late for my period, or when to expect it to come.
By charting, at least I have almost 2 week's notice in advance of when to expect the evil aunt flo to pay me a visit. Once I see ovulation on the chart, I can plan ahead just a bit. If I weren't charting, I would be tempted to take a HPT every day after day 35 and that just is not reasonable for me. I'd never know when to be prepared for disappointment or when to make sure not to wear my skimpiest panties. Of course I should always be prepared for that possible annovulatory cycle where AF shows with no ovulation shown on the charts at all, but that hasn't happened to me yet.
My hormones must just be a mess. I cannot wait to get on with this and find out what hormones are wacky and hopefully get the issue addressed in some manner. I just want to be "normal."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment