I have no coherent blog post, but it has been a week and I do have some things to share, so I bring you bullets.
- I am happy that BIL family took Babe back, since it didn't work out for her to live with us. I am. At least we know where she is, and can check up on her. As morbid as this may sound, I am fairly certain that at some point, Babe will be back with us. She got spayed on Friday. It costs us $285.00. It cost extra because she was "vascular" and swollen due to the recent false pregnancy. Between the surgery, her crate and another vet vist, we've dropped $500 into her in the last month. Perhaps that was more the real reason, they tried to give her away.
- At work we missed a tax deadline. It was not really my fault, or maybe I should say not entirely my fault. I was under the impression that this chapter was covered under the national group filing, as were my co-workers, but they weren't. So we are late. I have to remedy that this week. This sucks. Hopefully the IRS will take pity on us and waive the penalties as they sometimes do. We'll see.
- We bought a minivan for John's parents to drive. We paid cash - our tax refund - for a 2004 Chevy Venture. It has a lot of miles on it, but has been well maintained and is in good shape. FIL does not drive near as much as he used to, so hopefully even with the high miles, he'll get another good 4 or 5 years out of this van. It has a DVD player in it, which B is quite excited about. The in-laws are kind of uncomfortable with us buying it. I understand why they feel that way, I do, but there was no other option. I also feel kind of like they aren't being grateful enough. I know it sounds petty, but they were more exited about the electric skillet we bought them at Christmas than this van. It's my issue. I'll vent here and try and keep my mouth shut otherwise.
- John's SIL is being weird about the van too. My in-laws have purchased at least 10 cars for them over the years. Now they can't afford to buy one for themselves. While it isn't our intent fot them to feel bad, and we did not tell them we bought the van, it seems she knows. John and I just want his parents to have something safe and reliable to drive. (Um hello, they drive our kid and our nieces and nephews too.) That was the reason we did this - not to be superheros or rub it in their faces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel your pain we are paying to have some repairs done to Jimmys parents vehicle. While they are very grateful we are doing this, my main purpose is because they drive our kids around and I feel it is the least we can do, since they do take care of our kids and dont charge us anything.
Post a Comment