Busy B has not really been a typical American child in some respects. Cartoons have absolutely not been interesting to her at all to this point. She would not even watch the cartoons I really wanted to watch with her - my favorites from the past. John and I have a bunch of the Disney classics and Pixar films on DVD. We have a few seasons of the Smurfs, Yogi Bear and Looney Toons. She has not been interested in any of them. The only movies she has wanted to watch have been live action and have had animals in them.
While I was disappointed that she was not going to watch any of these collections John and I had put together for our children, I was relieved to not have to watch the super annoying kids shows on TV either. I've seen my friends suffer with multiple repeats of their kids beloved shows. I counted my blessings that B's favorite shows were far more palatable (at least to me). Until now.
I don't know what changed, but last week she discovered she likes....gulp...Dora. The repetition seriously makes me want to hurt myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You'll get used to it soon enough...and maybe even find yourself singing the songs to the shows, like I do, lol. Bryson even requests that I sing along with him most days!
Have you tried Yo Gabba Gabba yet? It has got to be my favorite kid show hands down. The songs crack me up! I sing them all the time.
Post a Comment