This is dessert - college cafeteria style. I don't know who showed me this, but I ate it a LOT my freshman year of college when I lived in the dorms. Everynow and again, I crave it. I made some last night for my-laws, who kindly made me dinner. They really liked it.
What you need:
*two bowls that are the same size and shape. They need to fit into eachother and also be able to be put opening to opening to form a closed sphere.
*vanilla ice cream (I like vanilla bean the best)
*Corn Flakes (other similar cereal could be substituted)
*cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar blend
*honey
Fill one of the bowls about 1/3 full with corn flakes. Put the other other bowl down inside the first bowl so the bottom of the bowl rests on top of the corn flakes. Apply a rocking/rotating pressure to the bowl, so it crushes/crumbles the corn flakes below. When the flakes are rather finely crushed, add some cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar to them and mix.
Scoop out a nice round scoop of ice cream and put it in the bowl with the corn-flake mixture. Flip the spare bowl over on top of the bowl with the ice-cream and corn-flakes so it makes a sphere. Grip the bowls tightly together and shake in a circular motion. The goal is to completely coat the ice-cream scoop with the corn-flake crumbles.
Carefully separate the bowls. You can either leave the scoop in the bowl with the extra corn flakes, or transfer it to another dish. Drizzle the coated scoop of ice cream with honey. Serve immediately.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am going to have to try this...I love fried ice cream!
Did you know that Breyer's actually sells a fried ice cream. It's pretty yummy too!
Gonna have to try that one! sounds great!
hahaha I remember eating ALOT of this as well at good ol' chucks! Do you remember we used to make ghetto rice krispie treats in those same white bowls too? Good times =)
Yum!! Sounds good to me!!:)
Jen
Post a Comment