Saturday, August 22, 2009

My mouth gets me in trouble

Oh my mouth. It gets me in trouble sometimes. I know I'm not alone in this. It is a fault I try to overcome, but I'm not always successful.

Today my FIL made his little comments about me having another baby. It has been pretty much a weekly occurance for the last year. I had found some baby food in the cupboard and it was still not past the expiration date. I asked them to take it to the church nursery, so it could be used in a pinch. He came back with "Will it still be good in nine months?"

When he says those kind of things, it really bothers me. When my friends mom said I wouldn't need my own baby gear, it bothered me. When someone asks if holding a baby makes me want another one, it bothers me. I DO want another one. I had hoped to be pregnant again by now...it is not as easy as wanting it.

So today, when my FIL said that, my mouth flew open and said "I know people who get pregnant when they aren't planning to have a hard time believing this, but some of us don't just get pregnant because we'd like to be. If that were true, I'd be pregnant, but I'm not."

Ouch.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I pray for you to get pg every night. I have another friend who is also going through a hard time. I am so sorry that some people talk before they think and are insensitive to the idea that for some people getting pg isn't as easy as it could be.