Friday, July 24, 2009

Vacation?

Okay, so it has been a few years since we have actually gone somewhere on vacation. Four years at least. We've paid off bills and we've worked hard and John really wants to go on vacation. I have a terrible time with this. I never have as much fun as I should because I hate spending so much money. Maybe it would be different now, now that John thinks about money too instead of just spending with abandonment and an entitled attitude.

He's talking Disney or a beach somewhere, and in all liklihood, we'd be gone over Christmas, or be traveling on Christmas. If we did a Disney package, add in airfare it sounds like about $3600. Gulp. It pains me to even think about it.

I want to get away. I do. I know we need to. I also know we need to start booking something if we are going to do it. Any suggestions? Where to go with a 3 year old for a good time, at a reasonable price in December?

1 comment:

Kaci said...

I would hold off on Disney. I think it's overwhelming for a 3yo if you plan to be there all day. I have friends who live nearby & it's fine for them, they buy a pass and can come & go, but if you're spending money on vacation there, you'll want to stay & it makes for long days.

My kids love the beach and it's pretty laid back & relaxing. I don't know that it would be warm enough to enjoy in Dec though. Maybe a cruise?